Last night i lived up to my old nickname as i cried myself to sleep once again. This has been happening a lot less frequently since my first semester of school and i was very surprised to feel those tears. Today is Uncle David's birthday and i miss my uncle. I miss the teasing, i miss being his superbaby and the innocence that went along with that. I'm not sure how long it takes to truly mourn the death of a loved one, even one whom i only saw maybe once a month, but as i reminise on our family dinner just 1 year ago, and on countless family parties and visits, i really do miss my uncle. I loved you David and i still do.
Love,
Your Superbaby Erica
Your Superbaby Erica

2 comments:
Erica,
I am so glad that you could make it to the memorial yesterday. This is such a hard time of year. It was so comforting to have the opportunity to be with family and friends on his birthday.
Erica,
This was really sweet. I wish I could have attended the memorial but it was nice to hear your thoughts about Uncle Davey. I miss him too.
Love you Superbaby
Post a Comment