Sunday, July 27, 2008

okay, so i've just spent the last hour perusing around looking at all the family's blogs and can now see that everybody has linked to my blog. I am still trying to decide if this is a good or a bad thing. Seeing that i don't want to receive a blog-intervention from Aunt Denise i have decided that i have to find something to write. 

I absolutely love my family. I spend hours reading through blogs and getting glimpses into everybody's life. It makes me feel really included and makes me feel so blessed to have the amazing family that I do.
I've been on a pioneer handcart trek for the last week and we were all grouped with families. I got to know these kids so well and so much fun with them that they really feel like they have become part of my family. But even though I was having so much fun with my new "family" it really made me miss my family and I was so excited to get home. I just wanted to run in the door and give my mom and dad a big hug and tell them thank you for all that they do for me. When we finally arrived home at 7:30 though, I couldn't find my parents anywhere. While I hopped into the shower I made Nate call them each twice, but they wouldn't pick up, so then I called them from my phone and the home phone, but still no answer. Come to find out a little later that they had gone to a Mormon Tabernacle Choir/Osmonds concert :). I finally got to have my little chat with my parents when they got home, but there is just something about waiting to say what you want to say. I didn't give them my big bear hug or tell them how much I loved them and thank them for all that they do. So as I am thinking about moving out and having so many things change around me I just thought that I should tell my mom and dad how much I love them and how I am so thankful for all that they do for me. 

3 comments:

Denise said...

I'm afraid I'm making a bad name for myself and earning the title of blog monitor. So from now on you all have to get a blog pass if you go longer than a month without posting.

Yes, you are all hooked up baby, and you are "one of us." I just love hearing what is going on with you (and everyone)It's a great privilege , I think when people go out on a limb and share their personal and inner world with you. It's a family diary, of sorts. I always learn so much from everyone.

Valerie Griswold said...

I'm glad you had fun on your trek Erica. It's good to hear about the things going on in your life. I am excited to read about your first year in college and the fun things you're going to do!

It is interesting to hear you share your love for the family. You're the type who always shows your love through ACTION. There's always a hot dish of tortellini or a banana cream pie... or a fresh load of laundry or clean car when you want to show me you care. But it's nice to hear the words too... I think it takes a lot of courage for you to say that so it means a lot. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have you as a sister. Sometimes I wonder what our family did so right to deserve you.

Paul said...

I know Erica loves me. it's never been a question, just a fact. Like Led Zeppelin's Lyrics "good times, bad times - you know we've had our share." But through it all what it means to be a Porter becomes ever more transparent. Like Evan expressed about David, " what can you say about somebody who helps you to be your best and loves and supports you through the difficult times?" Thanks for being my "earthly angel!" I love you!