Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello!

Okay, so I wrote this post probably 2 weeks ago, but my Mac wouldn't paste the text into the post box. I hate when things won't work on my Mac, it just frustrates me, but i guess that's something i have to deal with because I don't really want a PC (especially the one i am using right now- no offense to my mom, but her computer is the slowest computer I have ever used.)

Sooo... here is my first blog just a little late :)

I don’t know why, but writing down my thoughts has always been a struggle for me. I always worry that nobody will really understand what I’m saying. I see that way that some people are able to express their feelings and have always felt so much less able, but I guess that everybody has different ways of expressing themselves. Some people express their feelings wonderfully through writing while others can have a long conversation on the phone or in person and are able to convey their true feelings. Then there are people that even though they share and communicate, the just bottle everything up inside thinking that nobody would really understand because they just don’t know how to explain it-- this last one would be the way i feel a lot of the time.
Right now I have all these crazy thoughts and ideas just jumbling around in my brain and I don’t really even understand them myself, but as I sit here writing my thoughts with the intent of posting them for others to read they somehow are making more sense, and I am realizing that people are more alike than I think. I may feel insecure about talking about what is going on in my life or may feel uncomfortable with calling somebody on the phone and just having a conversation, but then they may feel the same way. All of my family and friends know that I have difficulty communicating and conveying my feelings. I just want to please everybody, so in the struggle of worrying so much about others feelings, sometimes I lose the way I really feel. So this blog is a really new thing for me. Writing about my life, my experiences, and my feelings and trying to get people to see things the way I do, or for people to understand who I am. I guess that I have never really given very many people an opportunity to understand or to get to know the real me, so here goes. What I write may not always make sense to those who read it, and may not always sound the best, but its me, its Erica and I’m realizing that that’s okay. I can let people see the real me, let people see who Erica really is.

2 comments:

Denise said...

And what a wonderful Erica you are. You can't believe how happy this is making me to see all you Porter's and Bliss's joining the blogging circle. I've always felt it a great priveledge to be invited into someone's inner world. So thank you for sharing some of your world with us.

Love, One of your biggest fans....
Aunt Denise

Paul said...

Converting thoughts into words is one of life's great challenges. To write gives you a certain power over things. Sharing your thoughts is an act of charity and love. Thanks!
Dad